Friday, August 8, 2014

Gluten-Free Peach and Raspberry Pie


It was the perfect dessert storm*: my husband had raspberries leftover from his batch of raspberry wheat beer and peaches were super cheap at Walmart (reduced to .88/lb.) All I needed was a crust and I was in business. 

Crust
1 6 oz. package Annie's Gluten-free SnickerDoodle cookies 
(or 1 1/2 cups cookie crumbs)
2 T. butter or margarine, melted
Annie's GF SnickerDoodle Cookie crumbs

Filling
6-7 fresh peaches, cut into chunks
1 c fresh or frozen raspberries
1 t lemon juice
1/2 c sugar
2 T cornstarch
Cheap peaches and raspberries from my husband's raspberry patch

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Crush the cookies (I used my trusty Magic Bullet), then mix with melted butter. Reserve about 2 tablespoons (for the top), and press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 9 inch pie plate. (I use the flat bottom of a measuring cup.) Bake in the preheated oven for 8 - 10 minutes. Remove and let cool.


Mix the peaches and raspberries in a large bowl. Drizzle lemon juice over the fruit. Add sugar and stir well. Sprinkle corn starch over mixture and stir. (If you're not ready to bake yet, refrigerate the fruit until you are.) Pour mixture onto crust, sprinkle with remaining cookie crumbs and bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. Let stand for about 10 minutes before cutting.

Right out of the oven!
I've never been much of a pie baker, but this pie won raves from my non-GF family. I especially love the way the cinnamon in the cookies brought out the sweet flavor of the fruit.

*See what I did there? :)

No comments: